Friday, June 24, 2011

A Maine-based Celtic Group? (Wooing of Etain)?

When I was little, my Nana took me to a performance by a Maine theater
troupe that performed The Wooing Of Etain or something similar. I
remember part of the plot, and when I looked it up, I figured out that
it was that, because none of the other myths I read about contained a
woman turning into a fly.

I remember it was a small group, with several men and (I THINK) one
woman, though there might have been two. They dressed up in
Renaissance garb and they had a fiddle. The woman who sang had a
beautiful voice and I remember them selling CDs and cassette tapes
(yes, it was a LONG time ago. 1995 to 1997, I can't remember which.)
My Nana bought me the cassette, but I lost it a long time ago, and
besides, who plays cassette tapes nowadays?

Anyway, if anyone can help me, that would be GREATLY appreciated. I've
been looking for this group for quite some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment