Monday, June 13, 2011

Does this sound like an indie rock song?

Me and my bud are starting an indie rock jam band... just for kicks.
I'm more of a soul-type singer, but I wrote this tune hopin it could
fit in the genre we're goin for.

I'm run-in oh-out of ideas for this song and I've barely even started.

Diesel burns a lil slower and the high lasts a bit longer
You may find it necessary if you know her
To take a run on wild side, that's where the fire resides...

Loves hurts at first then it feels good, then it hurts, it hurts, it
hurts
Until you realize
That all the lies
Were that, were that, were just damn that
Lies and confusion, why all the ruses
My dear I've been mistaken for a chump
The truth is I don't really give that much of a fuck...

That last bit was you pullin the covers up
Now you've made the bed and you're stuck
You will find that karma isn't as cracked up as your wacked up
in the head, and instead, the waters that annoint you
will in time disappoint you.

When I look back
At all the ba-a-a-a-ad
I wonder, through the storm, I went
All of the thunder, found my strength I did muster
I weaved in and then out of your life, happy!
The weave you put in your hair, nappy!

That last bit was you pullin the covers up
Now you've made the bed and you're stuck
You will find that karma isn't as cracked up as your wacked up
in the head, and instead, the waters that anoint you
will in time disappoint you.

In time you will see
Ever after happily I've lived
And all of your misery, it did, I hope
Learn you the lesson, That I was a blessing
You were my testing and now I'm gonna get wasted
Cuz I think I just aced it!

The last bit was me saying
That I'm though with you, done with the playing
Done with the chasing of brimstone-flavored pavements...
Thanks for the stellar vacation even though I got hurt,
Cause it ends with my vindication, spoiler alert.

No comments:

Post a Comment