Sunday, June 26, 2011

Do suspects on police reality shows ever properly exercise their rights?

I've been watching a lot of these Police Women of (whatever county)
reality show episodes. Every time a suspect is confronted by the
cops, they start lying, getting histrionic, feigning illness and all
sorts of rubbish. The cops always see through these acts and only get
annoyed.

Lawyers say that the only things you should say when confronted by a
cop are "Am I being detained?" "I don't consent to searches" "I'm
going to stay silent until I see a lawyer". I have never seen a
suspect on TV acting like this.

Can anyone recall any episode of any cop reality TV show where a
suspect properly exercises his rights and does not do anything
foolish? Please specify a season and episode number.

No comments:

Post a Comment